Multiple Movie clips with one Chunk

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
insch
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Multiple Movie clips with one Chunk

Post by insch »

I am scoring a short film. I am getting the imagery in sections. Can I work with more than one Movie clip at a time when working with a single DP Chunk i.e drop in the Movie clips at the appropriate point in my musical sequence? Right now I am having to create multiple DP Chunks to work with these separate Movie clips.

Thanks
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 Mac Pro, Mac OS 11.5.2, 64 GB RAM, MOTU 8M, DP 11.01
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Multiple Movie clips with one Chunk

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You could always reload the movie, but you'll have to reset the start and stop times. Multiple chunks is the way to go. If you're getting random footage to work with I don't think there's much of an option there.

I'd wait for the film to be done before scoring. You never know what might influence the score until the film has been edited (at least close to making a storyline of some type). Just my 2 cents...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
insch
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by insch »

Thank you - I thought so. What I'm really doing is track laying right now and making sure I have all the elements in place for each section. Ultimately I am the director of this short so I'm well aware of the imagery I have given to the editor (even though we're not in the same room right now). I'll make the final decisions.
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 Mac Pro, Mac OS 11.5.2, 64 GB RAM, MOTU 8M, DP 11.01
MIDI Life Crisis

I that case all bets are off! I can say I'd do the edits then the music but this is different. You're in a whole process thing. Hats off to you!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
williemyers

Post by williemyers »

insch, I think you can do it but, rather than have a single DP Chunk containing multiple DP Movies, you would have to create a single DP *Song*, that would contain multiple DP Chunks - - each Chunk containing a single DP Movie.
might be worth a try?
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me
MIDI Life Crisis

Should work. Interesting approach but as new movies are added you still have to futz with start times unless they match at 0:00:00:00.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS