DP 9.5.1 is up.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.5.1 is up.

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I LOVE DP and MOTU. What an 'effing great app. We are soooo damn lucky to be alive when this thing is available.
Amen! Awomen! (just to be purely fair and all that)

There was a decider so during which I was driving a short distance from Fountain Hills, Arizona over some ridges to northern Scottsdale or vice versa (I moved around a bit) for working with DP. Also a period of years working in Las Vegas, but rising before daybreak and going hiking at Red Rock Canyon every morning, then being back and in my music director's chair at 10:00 a.m. when we started. Driving over the mountains in either place, heading to a beautiful location to make incredible music happen using this incredible software was just almost too much to handle. In fact my whole career has been a "pinch me to see if I'm dreaming this" experience. Just unbelievable. And the greatest part of the day wasn't necessarily the mountains and sky and nature, but often was sitting in front of DP with the power to create for others any musical experience that I could imagine. Those clever boys & girls at Cambridge succeeded in making me fall in love with software. And it didn't even have a pretty face, though far from ugly. Clearly, the software was just an enabler that didn't get in the way. The real gift is being able to make music, to sculpt it, freeze it, thaw it, whatever you want to call it. Compose, arrange, and perform. Anything.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|