DP Theme Variation—Download if you Want It

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP Theme Variation—Download if you Want It

Post by Rick Cornish »

Hi.....
Had a little extra time yesterday and finally got around to making a very minor revision to my favorite theme, "The Nightman Cometh." I like darker themes in general and especially those that have good contrast to help my old eyes. This one mostly fit the bill. My only difficulty was that when I opened a new window (like to create a new instrument—where it's initially just a small, empty window) it was hard to find the window on my screen because the window frame color was the same color as the background of most of the interface. I edited the color value of the window frame (one of the last lines in the XML code) to a darker color that stands out from the background value without being so noticeable that it becomes a distraction while I'm working. This variation works for me. It might for you, too.

If you'd like to try it, you can download it from my WeTransfer page: https://we.tl/ylB6BGDtJb
To install, just unzip the file; go to Library/Application Support/MOTU/Digital Performer/Themes on your main system hard drive; and drop it in.

I've used this theme with DP v9.13 and v9.5. As usual, I take no responsibility for the suitability of this theme for your use or what it might do on your system, void where prohibited, may be subject to tax in Idaho and Alaska, you get the picture.

BTW: For track colors, I use a variation on the Spectrum Effects color scheme. If anyone can tell me if it's possible to export it (and, if so, how), I'll post that one as well.

Cheers......
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net