Input-Monitor Safe?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Input-Monitor Safe?

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I know you can make a channel "solo-safe" or solo-exempt or whatever it is called, but is there a way to make a track input-monitor safe?

For some reason, my input-monitored VI's in DP 9.5 keep disabling.

It's probably some kind of mouse problem with my computer, but it is really annoying, so if I could just permanently make certain VI's input-monitor-safe?

That is, without putting it in V-Rack.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Input-Monitor Safe?

Post by FMiguelez »

You could put the stubborn tracks in one folder. That way, you can re-enable the Input Safe with one click to many tracks.

They should remain on or off without changing by themselves, though. It's strange that yours keep changing.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Input-Monitor Safe?

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Thank you very much.

That would be one way to do it.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro