Spectral Display in 9.5? Where the heck is it?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Padank
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Spectral Display in 9.5? Where the heck is it?

Post by Padank »

Hi Everyone.
The Subject says it all. I can't find the feature! Searched Google, this forum, and the Guide.

I am referring to this from DP.com:

"Spectrogram display in the Sequence Editor — View the spectral content of each audio track, side by side with their waveforms, directly in the Sequence Editor timeline with a colorful, informative visual representation of the frequency content of your audio material."

Thanks!
SP
stubbsonic

Re: Spectral Display in 9.5? Where the heck is it?

Post by stubbsonic »

I don't have DP9, but I have a guess.

When you are in the "Sequence Editor", on the left side of that window you have the various track slots. On the top of that area is a little menu, that probably has "Soundbites" selected by default.

See if Spectrum is in that list.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

In the SE there's a little inverted triangle on the track controls called "Track Settings Menu" on the colored bar. Tick "View Mode".
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Padank

Post by Padank »

Thanks guys, ya'll got me close enough to find it. I was looking in the top and sub menus.

I found it by clicking to the menu to the right of the track name in the sequence window, (same menu to control the track size, take, etc.) half way down is View Mode and Spectrogram is in there.

Thanks!
SP
mike_o

Post by mike_o »

Is there a key command for this view setting? commands didn't show one, but I'd like to select several tracks and put them all into spectrogram mode.
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

mike_o wrote:Is there a key command for this view setting? commands didn't show one, but I'd like to select several tracks and put them all into spectrogram mode.
I don't think there is. I've asked here and requested MOTU to have a key command to jump between SB and volume view in the SE and Spectrogram's in the same menu.

Creating a temporary group and then choosing Spectragram might save some keystrokes if it's very many tracks.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce