DP 9.5 & Input Monitor Problem

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 9.5 & Input Monitor Problem

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I'm having a problem with Input Monitor in 9.5 in the Tracks Window.

When I input-monitor-enable an audio track, quite often a number of other audio tracks will spontaneously input-monitor-enable themselves unasked-for.

Does anyone else see this?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP 9.5 & Input Monitor Problem

Post by terrybritton »

JSmith1234567 wrote:I'm having a problem with Input Monitor in 9.5 in the Tracks Window.

When I input-monitor-enable an audio track, quite often a number of other audio tracks will spontaneously input-monitor-enable themselves unasked-for.

Are those tracks grouped somehow?

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

terrybritton wrote:
JSmith1234567 wrote:I'm having a problem with Input Monitor in 9.5 in the Tracks Window.

Are those tracks grouped somehow?

Terry
Hey thanks!

I thought of that, but they aren't grouped.

There is one audio track (the one I keep enabling and disabling), then directly below it a folder of audio tracks.

Since they are in a folder, the folder has a input monitor button also, and this is what seems to be getting enabled erroneously.

I thought maybe I'm just not being accurate with the mouse-click, but I tested it a few times and about half the time it was still happening erroneously.

I'm going to move the folder and see if it still happens, but it's just kind of weird. I've never ever had a problem with that before.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

JSmith1234567 wrote: Hey thanks!

There is one audio track (the one I keep enabling and disabling), then directly below it a folder of audio tracks.

Since they are in a folder, the folder has a input monitor button also, and this is what seems to be getting enabled erroneously.

I thought maybe I'm just not being accurate with the mouse-click, but I tested it a few times and about half the time it was still happening erroneously.

I'm going to move the folder and see if it still happens, but it's just kind of weird. I've never ever had a problem with that before.
Now you've got me wondering if some kind of display scaling is messing up the mouse clicks, but otherwise this one falls into the "ghost in the machine" realm. Can you move the folder to a different location to get rid of the issue?

Wild stuff!

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

terrybritton wrote:
JSmith1234567 wrote: Hey thanks!

Now you've got me wondering if some kind of display scaling is messing up the mouse clicks, but otherwise this one falls into the "ghost in the machine" realm. Can you move the folder to a different location to get rid of the issue?

Wild stuff!

Terry
I think what you guessed must be it (display scaling). I wouldn't have thought of that. I moved the track folder and stopped having the issue. As Rosanne Rosanadanna said: "Never mind!"
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

JSmith1234567 wrote:I think what you guessed must be it (display scaling). I wouldn't have thought of that. I moved the track folder and stopped having the issue. As Rosanne Rosanadanna said: "Never mind!"
I've had that display scaling bite me before with other software as well. Glad you have it sorted out! :D

Terry
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

terrybritton wrote:
JSmith1234567 wrote:I think what you guessed must be it (display scaling). I wouldn't have thought of that. I moved the track folder and stopped having the issue. As Rosanne Rosanadanna said: "Never mind!"
I've had that display scaling bite me before with other software as well. Glad you have it sorted out! :D

Terry
Thank you very much for the analysis / solution.

It was driving me nuts, and now with a simple fix I won't have this problem.

Thanks again!