Motorized Control Surface Qcon lite?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
benaji
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motorized Control Surface Qcon lite?

Post by benaji »

I am a film composer who often has track counts in the 3 figures. I have tried 8 channel control surfaces but am always hampered by the fact that I have to scroll to find the track in DP that I want to have active on the controller. For many years I was extremely happy with PreSonus Fader Port. The advantage of this type of controller is that one merely needs to click on the track in DP and the fader becomes active on that track. No frustrating time wasted looking for the track. As we all know, Motu and PreSonus do not choose to see eye to eye on something that results in it no longer be supported. I have a Frontier Alpha Track which has a custom driver but it is very fussy and glitchy.. not dependable. It seems that all of the new 8 channel control surfaces are somewhat usable with DP (to varying degrees) but generally suffer from the need to scroll 8 channels at a time to reach a desired track. I don't really need anything but a moving fader and a pan control.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have any experience with the QCon Lite? Is there a larger format controller that allows one to select one of its faders by clicking on a track in DP?

Any help extremely appreciated!