It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Text Size

Wanting a solid control surface for DP 9.5

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."

Re: Wanting a solid control surface for DP 9.5

Postby kgdrum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 pm

This controller stuff is a bit over my head.
Am I assuming correctly that you can control cc's for vi's with any of these controllers easily?
Do you need dedicated controller software to make assignments?
I'm thinking about Kontakt based Orch VI's like Spitfire Chamber Strings etc.....

Thanks
2012 Mac Pro 3.3GHz 6 core, 32gigs of ram, OSX10.10.5,DP9.5, RME FF UCX,Great River ME-1NV preamp,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 10U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's & plugins, Vdrums,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata Power Snakes and Conditioners,numerous hard drives... eSATA
kgdrum

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Postby pencilina » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi,

After reading this thread I decided to retire my long in tooth Baby Hui get a platform M+. I've been working with it for a few days and it seems great so far. I'm using it with the Mackie control drivers. Since DP isn't officially supported I haven't been able to find any documentation about the control implementation. I'm especially wanting to manipulate the sends with the rotary controllers. I have been able to figure out that if you press the read and write buttons in combo with the "sel" buttons you can toggle automation reading and recording which is nice.

If anyone wants to share any insights or tricks they've learned I'd be very interested. Maybe we could start a new thread?

Happy Holidays
DP 9.5, 2.66 12 core, 32G Ram, Waves, Komplete 11, KH Diamond, EWQLSC, VCC, Audiofinder, Sibelius, Max/MSP, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and a Pencilina
pencilina

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Postby rumo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:24 am

I tested a number of DAW controllers (Icon QCon Lite, Icon Platform M+, Korg nanoKontrol Studio, Zoom, PreSonus Faderport).

The Icon Platform M+ worked okay (with exception of the Scrub wheel) but was to big for my desk and I don’t need that many faders. I ended up buying a used PreSonus Faderport which works fine with DP9.51 and has all I need in a small form factor. The only thing missing is a (working) scrub wheel for me.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
rumo

Postby Klaus » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am

pencilina wrote:Hi,

After reading this thread I decided to retire my long in tooth Baby Hui get a platform M+. I've been working with it for a few days and it seems great so far. I'm using it with the Mackie control drivers. Since DP isn't officially supported I haven't been able to find any documentation about the control implementation. I'm especially wanting to manipulate the sends with the rotary controllers. I have been able to figure out that if you press the read and write buttons in combo with the "sel" buttons you can toggle automation reading and recording which is nice.

If anyone wants to share any insights or tricks they've learned I'd be very interested. Maybe we could start a new thread?

Happy Holidays

Iconpro has windows editor software, that shows the MIDI data ( and can edit most )
DP has a learn function, I think but I never tried that...
Maybe someone can chime in
Best
Klaus
Klaus

Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Postby towerproductions » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm still using my Mackie MCU pro and expander with DP 9.5 . It has a Dp template overlay , 16 faders and a master fader, so it does everything for my needs when mixing and tracking .

Craig
DP9.5, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 64 GB RAM, Mac OS 10.10.5
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play, Spitfire, UVI, and Kontakt Libraries, VE Pro 5, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 4,
towerproductions

Previous

Return to Digital Performer [MacOS]: Usage, Techniques, Tips & Optimization