MOXF8... HELP!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Hideout
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MOXF8... HELP!

Post by Hideout »

Admittedly, I am using an old Mac Pro (3.0 ghz, 8-core, running 10.6.8 and DP 7.24... Rock Solid!)

My issue is trying to get the patch names to show up for my new Yamaha MOXF8.
The middev does not include the new beast. I've tried editing and renaming the Motif ES 8 to see if I could fool the system but, no joy.
I would appreciate some ideas or a link to download a more up to date middev file.

Thanks in advance!
H
Without music, Life would be a Mistake
- Nietzsche

12 Core 3.0GHZ Mac Pro, Sierra, 40Gig of RAM, DP 9.52, Mach 5V2, UAD Apollo Quad Firewire
Babz

Re: MOXF8... HELP!

Post by Babz »

You're in luck, H!

I spent a couple of weeks creating a patch list for this synth, only to wind up selling my MOXF6 in the end (mainly because I needed more than 61 keys).

BUT... You get to benefit from my hours of labor, for I saw fit to share my patch list with cyberverse before I moved on.

You may download my glorious creation here:

https://digicake.com/Midnams/03_Yamaha/ ... chlist.zip

My testing was done with the MOXF6, but it should work just the same with the MOXF8, since I believe they are the exact same synth, just more keys.

Enjoy!
Babz
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Babz wrote:You're in luck, H!

I spent a couple of weeks creating a patch list for this synth, only to wind up selling my MOXF6 in the end (mainly because I needed more than 61 keys).

BUT... You get to benefit from my hours of labor, for I saw fit to share my patch list with cyberverse before I moved on.

You may download my glorious creation here:

https://digicake.com/Midnams/03_Yamaha/ ... chlist.zip

My testing was done with the MOXF6, but it should work just the same with the MOXF8, since I believe they are the exact same synth, just more keys.

Enjoy!
Babz
Nice Babs!

PS: If you didn't notice, I got the CC64 issue resolved, and communicated the fix (new User Account) to the gentleman at the Facebook DP site. It fixed his troubles, too!
Babz

Post by Babz »

HCMarkus wrote:
PS: If you didn't notice, I got the CC64 issue resolved, and communicated the fix (new User Account) to the gentleman at the Facebook DP site. It fixed his troubles, too!
Cool! I haven't kept up with that one, since it hasn't been an issue for me personally in 9.1x, but I did notice that others have reported that trashing DP preferences (on the advice of MOTU) has been the fix for several users too.

Best,
Babz
Hideout

Post by Hideout »

Thank you so much Babz!! You Rock!

H
Without music, Life would be a Mistake
- Nietzsche

12 Core 3.0GHZ Mac Pro, Sierra, 40Gig of RAM, DP 9.52, Mach 5V2, UAD Apollo Quad Firewire
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Babz wrote:
HCMarkus wrote:
Cool! I haven't kept up with that one, since it hasn't been an issue for me personally in 9.1x, but I did notice that others have reported that trashing DP preferences (on the advice of MOTU) has been the fix for several users too.

Best,
Babz
Neither trashing prefs nor doing a full de-install/re-install of DP fixed the problem for me. New User Account setup took awhile, but I took advantage of the opportunity to update some plugins and clean up my template. Apparently, something was wonky in my other Account.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Also as a reminder, you can use Cherry Picker to make patch lists and assign them to your MIDI devices. Here's the download link: http://www.motunation.com/files/CherryPicker3.zip
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
buhardilla

Post by buhardilla »

Perhaps you could be interested in this application by John Melas for all Motif series:
http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/index.php
Since 2.4.0 version an amazing export option to DP (.midnam and middev files) was included. It works flawless with my Motifrack XS
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||