How Do I Record Triggered Samples Onto An Audio Track?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
monogee
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How Do I Record Triggered Samples Onto An Audio Track?

Post by monogee »

Inside of Digital Performer 9.5, I am using a plugin sampler, TX16Wx, to trigger my samples. I would like to know, how can I record the samples being triggered onto an audio track in Digital Performer? Thanks.
Mac Pro (Early 2009), Processor 2x2.66GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
DP9 Ver. 9.5
stubbsonic

Re: How Do I Record Triggered Samples Onto An Audio Track?

Post by stubbsonic »

I usually assign the outputs of the plugin to a bus pair (e.g., bus 3-4), then I create a new stereo audio track and assign the input to that same bus pair, and record in realtime.

I can then just mute the MID & VI and play the audio from that point. If I need to go back and redo any of the MIDI or adjust the sounds in the VI, I can re-record.

Of course, there are probably easier ways to do that bounce, but I usually like the opportunity to listen once through.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
monogee

Re: How Do I Record Triggered Samples Onto An Audio Track?

Post by monogee »

Thanks So Much. :D
Mac Pro (Early 2009), Processor 2x2.66GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
DP9 Ver. 9.5