Help with OS update

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bongo_x
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Help with OS update

Post by bongo_x »

Oh no, I didn't upgrade, I just didn't get the 10.12 installer for future use.
I only upgraded to 10.10 in the last couple of months!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mikehalloran wrote:I can't host it since the installer zip file is 5.02G and my Dropbox account is 3.0G. If you've set up an FTP server, I can transfer the zip file to you.
I have unlimited server space as part of my hosting plan. Don't know if there are any other issues preventing it, but I could set up FTP and then once I have it on this side, host the zip file here if it would be of help.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bongo_x

Post by bongo_x »

mikehalloran wrote:I can't host it since the installer zip file is 5.02G and my Dropbox account is 3.0G. If you've set up an FTP server, I can transfer the zip file to you.
Sorry Mike, I missed that part earlier.
If anyone can figure out how to host the 10.12 installer that would be great
I'm sure it would be useful to some of us. I can't see downloading a OS from an unknown source. You'd have to be feeling pretty lucky.
bongo_x

Post by bongo_x »

Well this is sort of crazy. After looking for the 10.12 download for a while and giving up back then, and seeing so many comments from people trying to get it, I searched again today and someone put up a link to Apple's download.

Maybe they put it up because everyone can't upgrade to 10.13, but they didn't make it easy to find.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208202