MOTU and IRCAM no more?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTU and IRCAM no more?

Post by FMiguelez »

It's not like MOTU publishes this information, but I wonder if MOTU will no longer work with IRCAM Labs for their software.
Is this new DP time stretch algorithm feature a sign that they switched partners? Is this new DP ZTX (or whatever it's called) in anyway related to IRCAM?

Have you compared results by stretching with IRCAM and the new DP algorithm? Which sounds better to you?

Thanks.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mikehalloran

Re: MOTU and IRCAM no more?

Post by mikehalloran »

Although there was never a formal announcement, it appears that partnership went dormant before the release of UVI Falcon in October, 2015.

MOTU has not updated MachFive since the v3.2.1 release, dated Oct. 23, 2014. Likewise, newer UVI libraries will not open in M53 although they do open in the free UVI player—I bought a couple July 2015.

DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: MOTU and IRCAM no more?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

And yet, it's still an amazing plugin. My go to every time. Well, almost.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS