About 9.5... AUTO rewind set/activate works!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

About 9.5... AUTO rewind set/activate works!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

This has been a bit of an issue in past releases. The key command for enabling and disabling AUTO REWIND has never worked on my systems. Also, setting the SEQ START TIME while AUTO REWIND was off would enable looping (but not enable start time or end time, for that mater).

NOW COMD-R (the default) does enable AUTO REWIND and setting the sequence start time while AUTO REWOND is off enables AUTO REWIND and AUTO STOP.

This is also helpful.

Thanks, MOTU! :unicorn:

So far Mikey likey! ;)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: About 9.5... AUTO rewind set/activate works!

Also... when AUTO REWIND is disabled, you can still see your start (and presumably, your end points). They used to disappear.

Once notices these "little" improvements. Seems that someone was really looking at the GUI this time. THANK YOU!!!!

:woohoo:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

That's always worked for me.

I literally use it dozens of times every day. You know my system, probably, as I have posted it many times. I chose to make custom key-commands for them, because the defaults overlap OS X's system usage for
F1 = Mission Control (All Apps)
F2 = Mission Control (Current App)
F3 = Clear screen of all windows
F4 = Widgets Screen

Here are the ones I use.
• Note that Memory/Auto-Record/Selection abbreviated make the mnemonic MAS, as in MOTU Audio System.
• Odd numbers are always Start, even numbers are always End.

Option F1 = Set Memory Start
Option F2 = Set Memory End

Option F3 = Set Auto-Record Start
Option F4 = Set Auto-Record End

Option F5 = Set Selection Start
Option F6 = Set Selection End

This makes my work so fast it's unbelievable.
I'm always setting points for those things, and it's such second nature that as soon as I think of it, it's done.

Of course, if you're talking about something else, my apologies.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

No, that's what I'm talking about. :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

My key commands for the "auto" buttons are:

[-] (keypad minus) = Memory Loop
[9] = Auto Stop
[8] = Auto Rewind
[7] = toggle current rewind, stop, and loop settings

Plus, I've added these custom settings:
Control-[8] = Link Playback to Memory
Control-[9] = Link Selection to Memory

[ ] means "keypad."

I use those last two more than most of the others these days, and will have to make a video to explain why. They save enormous amounts of time, especially when comping takes.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Thanks, man! Much appreciated!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

If I'm understanding that correctly, that's really good news.
I am now officially motivated to install 9.5.
I hope the chirps are sonorous and songbird-like and not SMAWK - SMAWK.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Also... when AUTO REWIND is disabled, you can still see your start (and presumably, your end points). They used to disappear.
Where are you seeing this? The behavior seems the same as previous versions here.

P
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
MIDI Life Crisis

Phil O wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Also... when AUTO REWIND is disabled, you can still see your start (and presumably, your end points). They used to disappear.
Where are you seeing this? The behavior seems the same as previous versions here.

P
OK, this is weird. Virtually all that transport stuff I mention has reverted back to it's old behavior. Must have been a glitch, or Camelot.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
Phil O wrote:

P
OK, this is weird. Virtually all that transport stuff I mention has reverted back to it's old behavior. Must have been a glitch, or Camelot.
Now, THAT IS weird.
It must've been the Chirping gremlins some people are hearing upon saving. Maybe the Chirping is MOTU's new secret version of Tweeting (tweet, tweet, chirp, chirp), and it calls home to see if you're still ok with the NSA? :shock:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

It is very strange. I was really liking the GUI that doesn't exist... Maybe I need to lay off the sauce?

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Sunspots!
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.