Pitch gradients! Wow! What else have you found?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Pitch gradients! Wow! What else have you found?

Post by Shooshie »

I don't know if this has been covered in the videos or posts, but I discovered it by accident. I lightly tapped twice on a pitch line, and suddenly there was a dot placed on the line, as in an edit point, but very tiny. Click to make another point on the line, then drag that point up or down from there, I was able to raise one end of the pitch with the other anchored back at the 1st edit point. In other words, it created a gradual rise in pitch; a slope. You can do fall-offs, portamentos, slurs, or just variable pitch. Cut the pitch bars with scissors to limit the range of the effect.

I'm still experimenting, but wanted to post that much.

Amazing!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Klaus

Re: Pitch gradients! Wow! What else have you found?

Post by Klaus »

I think here in DP 7.24 this is already present…
:mrgreen:
Klaus
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

You mean that's been there all along? I never knew about it.
Damn, Shoosh! :rtfm:

:lol:

Shooshie

PS: in retrospect, considering the million times I've tapped, double-tapped or triple tapped those bars, it's bizarre that I never saw it before.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MartinBaird

Post by MartinBaird »

Yes, it's been there from the beginning of pitch editing in DP.
Martin
Martin Baird
martin@vmw.us
DP 10, MachFive, Electric Keys, 828es, MTP A/V USB
Mac Pro 2 x 3.33 GHz Six-Core, Mac OS X 10.14.6
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

news to me!
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

It was always there and I tried using that feature but it was so fiddly it was almost impossible to use–like you had to click on the single exact pixel. MOTU either made it less fiddly or you happened to click on the The Magic Pixel. If so, maybe buy scratchers?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce