DP 9.5 IS NOW UP!!! :)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.5 IS NOW UP!!! :)

Post by toodamnhip »

I Updated my OS to 10.12.6 Sierra from 10.10. I did so because thought some of the graphics weirdness I was getting in editing relative pitch was potentially due to being back at 10.10.... And I thought the lack of impressive processor performance could also be related.
Results:
***Still can’t see relative graphics line curves after penciling in pitch curves. I hear it, but don’t see it. Also, issues with inability to re merge pitch segments in the relative line. Weird.

***As for performance, I went to a big file that choked 9.5 and previously necessitated DP8 to continue work.
I was able to run it in 9.5 now, barely. So there was some improvement in processor efficiency.

**I am fairly annoyed that I can’t enter in bpm values directly when speeding or slowing a soundbite. I saw some guy on Facebook speaking of using a calculator to figure out a % to enter into DP. Are you kidding? Please MOTU, next update, add ability to communicate to soundbites in bpm like musicians do. % make be good for technical films or something, but not for musicians. I don’t want to have to do a multi step process with the conductor track to speed up audio by bpm. And, there ar e going to be many instances where it is only 1 track that needs adjustment, making the use of the conductor track for precision ridiculous. I see in region area, Scale time and tempos windows that allow for bpm to be entered. But they don’t work with time stretch. Just make those windows work with the new time stretch and things will make sense. :D
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
Michael Canavan

Re: DP 9.5 is [not] up...

Post by Michael Canavan »

TDH, have you tried DP's Beat Detection for time stretching? Magic Dave posted this:
magicd wrote:
Beat Detection hasn't changed but the time stretch used for any tempo changes is now done with ZTX.

Dave
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
toodamnhip

Re: DP 9.5 is [not] up...

Post by toodamnhip »

Michael Canavan wrote:TDH, have you tried DP's Beat Detection for time stretching? Magic Dave posted this:
magicd wrote:
Beat Detection hasn't changed but the time stretch used for any tempo changes is now done with ZTX.

Dave
Hey Michael,
Thanks for replying. But I’,m not sure how beat detect applies?
I am speeding and slowing soundbites and need DP to calculate in BPM directly from a right click or menu or some way besides matching soundbites to conductor track, changing conductor track, and then changing soundbite to new conductor tempo. Not all songs allow for one to be messing around with the conductor track in order to speed individual soundbites.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc