Basset Horn

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Basset Horn

Post by mhschmieder »

New opera commissioned for Adams, called "The Girls of the Golden West" -- not to be confused with the similarly-titled (and similarly-themed) opera by Puccini.

My company sponsored Adams' 70th birthday festival this year, and I'm pretty sure we're one of the sponsors for that opera as well. We also tend to sponsor and commission stuff by Paul Dresher.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Basset Horn

Post by mikehalloran »

Shooshie wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:And we get a new Adams work this season. Looking forward to that.
John Adams wrote something new for Basset Horn? Or are you talking about your opera season? I'd love to hear that! (either one)

I can't remember whether we have any premiers this year; I don't think so. We usually have a modern work, a premier, a romantic work, and an old warhorse. Usually five or six operas per season, so one or two of those categories gets doubled. Just got our tickets the other day, but I've been unusually distracted from it all. I can't tell you a single work on the season. But soon I'll get to it and start getting ready for it. I think our first performance is late October.
The Girls of the Golden West is the Adams premier in November for SFO.

https://sfopera.com/1718season/
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro