You might be interested . . . [DP9.5]

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
RipReed
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

You might be interested . . . [DP9.5]

Post by RipReed »

I don't really see a more appropriate place to post this, so I'll just leave it right here . . .

http://motu.com/newsitems/digital-perfo ... -shipping/
Shooshie

Re: You might be interested . . .

Post by Shooshie »

Fantastic! It was hinted that there might be DSP time and pitch enhancements in this version. And there they are!

Thanks, MOTU.

Shooshie

PS: at the time of this writing, it appears that DP 9.5 is still vaporware. Maybe they'll have it uploaded in the morning (Sunday, September 10).
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

FWIW: At 8:15 AM CDT September 10, not available, yet. Still showing 9.13 as the most recent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

RipReed wrote:I don't really see a more appropriate place to post this, so I'll just leave it right here . . .

http://motu.com/newsitems/digital-perfo ... -shipping/
This is outrageously exciting news!!!

Thanks for the notification.

Go Team MOTU :unicorn: :headbang:

9:26 EST, still no 9.5 available for download.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Please change the title of your thread. Many of us click on these threads only when we're bored. This is News!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea, I was thinking this would be a thread about kitchen fixtures.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Most of us know this but, for those who don't or have forgotten:

You can A/B the latest version with whatever version of 8 or 9 you are running now if you do the following before you install 9.5: Change the name of your current installation — the easiest way is to append the version number to Digital Performer. The latest version will also be named Digital Performer and will overwrite any older version identically named.

Although the download isn't available yet, I have renamed my current install Digital Performer 9.13 in preparation. I also have Digital Performer 8.07 and Digital Performer 9.02 still installed. All three still work although I will likely trash 8.07 today — I've not fired it up in over a year.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

How in the world did you find this? There don't seem to be any links imbedded in the home page.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

cuttime wrote:How in the world did you find this? There don't seem to be any links imbedded in the home page.
Yeah I wondered that myself! :? Cool enough that they did though. My guess is we won't see this until Monday, that's a typical day to bring out new software etc. since it allows a company a full word week to fix any issues.

I'm probably more excited about the Effect Performance feature than the new improved pitch and time stretching, looks to be really useful!
Effect performance
DP 9.5 also adds a new Effect Performance window, which monitors the processing load of all currently instantiated virtual instruments and effects plug-ins, allowing you to identify and manage plug-ins that impose high processing demands on your computer. Plug-ins can be sorted by name, processor load or the exact location (bar and beat) in the sequence time line at which they reach peak processing. Each plug-in is identified as either pre-gen or real-time, with hints as to why any plug-ins are currently running in real time.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
RipReed

Post by RipReed »

Hey folks,
How I found it was for lack of a better term, "random." I was using the music cloud app on the apple tv to listen to a mix i'm working on. The Motu channel popped up in the feed and saw a bunch of sound examples of DP 9.5 ZTX. I did a google search on the term and the link I posted here was the first (and only relevant) one that came up. :) I hope it is coming out Monday.

As an aside, if this sort of thing went down at Apple, someone would be fired the next day. Very poor pre-announcement planning. That said, I can't wait for this to drop.

I'm not as interested in the ZTX stuff as I am the effects monitoring.
Rip
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

C'mon, MOTU. Give us 9.5 now!
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

RipReed wrote: As an aside, if this sort of thing went down at Apple, someone would be fired the next day. Very poor pre-announcement planning. ...
This happens more often than you think.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:
RipReed wrote: As an aside, if this sort of thing went down at Apple, someone would be fired the next day. Very poor pre-announcement planning. ...
This happens more often than you think.
IIRC, in the past MOTU has staggered the availability of the download so they don't get bogged down. Maybe it is already available in some places. Anyway, the stuff on V9.5 on the MOTU site is gone for me least.

And, yes, Apple does this a lot. We've had posts here where some people are trying out new stuff when others can't see it in the App Store.

This looks like a good update. The effects monitoring might be an indication some attention had been paid to the problems with pre-gen. And I'm happy they've taken on the Zynaptic pitch and speed stuff. What I've seen and used of it is good, and it's not cheap.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I noticed that the YouTube videos aren't linked from the motuTV page and the videos say they are "Unlisted". I feel like one of those ridiculous movie fans who will pore over every frame in the latest "Star Wars" trailer looking for clues.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I revisited the MOTU link today for DP 9.5, because it kind of felt like a dream from last night. This time I watched the videos. I don't even know if they were available last night, but I watched them just a little bit ago, and they are truly amazing. I've become very well acquainted with the pitch editing layer in the Sequence Editor over the past few years, finding ways to get the most out of it while dodging its limitations. In short, its limitations are as frustrating as its power is amazing.

But this new upgrade has the things I have wished for. This is going to be huge, folks. Simply unbelievable. I recommend the videos. Sounds like Magic Dave demonstrating. Whoever it is did a great job of showing us the new strengths where we were frustrated before.

Shooshie

PS: Still no download link for 9.5.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|