Anyone know how to Control DP9 Transport from Arturia Keyboa

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Eleventh Hour Sound
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anyone know how to Control DP9 Transport from Arturia Keyboa

Post by Eleventh Hour Sound »

Hi, I used to have a dedicated tascam hardware control surface. Now I would like to use an Arturia Keylab 88 Keyboard's transport buttons to control DP's transport. I messed with control surfaces and didn't find anything that worked. I also looked at Transports in the Commands menu but that didn't work either. Thanks in Advance!
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
philbrown

Re: Anyone know how to Control DP9 Transport from Arturia Ke

Post by philbrown »

Did you set up MMC as explained in the MMC chapter in the DP manual p 939?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
Eleventh Hour Sound

philbrown wrote:Did you set up MMC as explained in the MMC chapter in the DP manual p 939?

I will check that out. Thank you!
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
Eleventh Hour Sound

philbrown wrote:Did you set up MMC as explained in the MMC chapter in the DP manual p 939?

Hi Phil,

I set it up as per the manual but still no love. One thing I noticed is that in the bundles window it's difficult to know when the transmit and receive channels are activated (Do the bold numbers mean activated?) But I've tried it both ways.

If anyone has an Arturia Keylab 88 set up working correctly for transport control I would be interested in knowing your setup. Thanks!
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

RecordingArts wrote:

Hi Phil,

I set it up as per the manual but still no love. One thing I noticed is that in the bundles window it's difficult to know when the transmit and receive channels are activated (Do the bold numbers mean activated?) But I've tried it both ways.

If anyone has an Arturia Keylab 88 set up working correctly for transport control I would be interested in knowing your setup. Thanks!
Honestly, I had a glance at the Arturia manual and saw that it was set to send MMC and then looked that up in the DP manual. I've had no experience with MMC for many years. maybe someone else can chime in. The other way it might be able to be done would be to set up individual MIDI send (at the Arturia end - if that's even possible) and then set up corresponding MIDI assignments in the DP Commands window, and I don't know if that's possible either. Just helping you throw darts at the board!
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
Eleventh Hour Sound

philbrown wrote:
RecordingArts wrote:

Hi Phil,

Honestly, I had a glance at the Arturia manual and saw that it was set to send MMC and then looked that up in the DP manual. I've had no experience with MMC for many years. maybe someone else can chime in. The other way it might be able to be done would be to set up individual MIDI send (at the Arturia end - if that's even possible) and then set up corresponding MIDI assignments in the DP Commands window, and I don't know if that's possible either. Just helping you throw darts at the board!
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll come back to this with fresh eyes again tomorrow.