Can I use DP9 to route audio into QuickTime Screen Recording

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
BonDarker
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can I use DP9 to route audio into QuickTime Screen Recording

Post by BonDarker »

Can I use DP9 to route audio into QuickTime, New Screen Recording?

The answer to this question may seem obvious but I'm not seeing it right now... likely because I haven't used QuickTime in this way and coupling it with DP seems unclear.

I am taking a few online classes and want to use the QuickTime, Screen Recording function to record the class so I can study the content at my leisure (like in a nice quiet park by a stream :)) The video captures as intended but the audio does not record. I can hear the audio through the speakers but it seems Apple does not provide an option to re-route audio in the way I want. In searching for options I did find a product for $99 called, Loopback by Rogue Amoeba that claims it will do the trick, however, I already have thousands of dollars in MOTU products so it seems to me there's got to be a way... YES? NO?
Thanks for any suggestions, BD