Your experience of Using Chunks,mines are disordered.....

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Your experience of Using Chunks,mines are disordered....

Post by bayswater »

I hadn't noticed before, but there is also a Sequence selection drop down beside the search strip in the Track window. It also will change the sequence in all the edit windows (like clicking the play enable icon in the Chunks window, and unlike using the mini menu to select a sequence). But this only appears in the Track window -- not the other editors. Maybe there is a preference or setting to make appear everywhere but I can't find it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
dgtheriault

Post by dgtheriault »

the failure to switch chunks fully, i.e. in each editor, is a real problem. It has been a problem since early version and still now in 10.1. My experience is that it will occur if you attempt to switch chunks by clicking on the play enable button of the destination chunk/sequence in the chunks window while something (e.g. a soundbite) is selected. If one does <cmd>D (deselect all) before the switch chunks Play command, it works ok. In the heat of editing, it is quite easy to forget to do the <cmd>D.
iMac 4xi7 Core, 16Gb, 10.14
MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz i7, 8GB, 10.13
MOTU 828x, MIDI Express XT, Yamaha C5, Novation Impulse
DP10.01
SMS

Post by SMS »

Even play-enabling a different chunk sometimes leaves panes in the Consolidated Window un-switched. It seems to be random. I've just learned to be on the lookout for it- there are usually visual cues that you're viewing an inactive chunk...

Does recalling a Window Set after switching Chunks get all the windows synched?
MOTU user since Performer™ 1.22 on 128k floppy
DP 11.23
MacBook Pro 14” 2023 M2 max 12 core
64 Gb RAM
4TB SSD
OS 14.0 Sonoma
UAD Apollo 8
828 mk3 Hybrid
MIDI Express XT
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

SMS wrote:Even play-enabling a different chunk sometimes leaves panes in the Consolidated Window un-switched. It seems to be random. I've just learned to be on the lookout for it- there are usually visual cues that you're viewing an inactive chunk...
I get this, but in predictable ways.

If I double click on a chunk name, a Track Window for that Chunk opens up, in addition to any other windows currently open. The other windows all remain at the original Chunk. If you then double click on the play triangle of another Chunk, the previously opened Track Window will not change. If you change that Window to another editor, it will change to a new Chunk the next time you double click a play triangle.

I don't now if changing Window sets changes the way this works. You can try it and let us know. I would expect it doesn't because the current behaviour is set up to allow you to work with two Chunks at once, and Window sets are just a shortcut to a different layout of the Windows.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8