Aria Player plugin and VEP 6

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
daerp1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Aria Player plugin and VEP 6

Post by daerp1 »

I'm posting here and on the Garritan and VSL sites as well. Not sure who should be asked this question.
I want to use the Aria plug in to set up a channel within Vienna Ensemble Pro 6. I know how to do this, but the plug in does not respond to MIDI at all. If I create an Instrument Track in DP and assign it to Aria Player, everything works fine. All other plugins work in VEP6 just fine. Has anyone else found that Aria Player has issues with VEP6? Not sure where the problem originates...could be DP9, Aria Player, or VEP6. My money is on the Aria Player (I'm running the newest versions of the player and the engine).
Digital Performer 10, iMac using OSX 10.14.5
Phil O

Re: Aria Player plugin and VEP 6

Post by Phil O »

I'm not at all familiar with VEP, but I do use Aria player. I haven't had any problems with version 1.872 (I don't even know if that's the current version), but I had issues with MIDI input in previous versions. I never did figure out what the workaround was - I'd just fiddle with things until it started working. Like I said, the issue seems to have been fixed in 1.872. I don't know if that helps at all with VEP, but I thought I'd toss it out there cuz it sounds similar to what I had experienced.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

I've had issues with Aria in VEP 6. When I setup one Aria instance with multiple MIDI channels to DP, MIDI would cut out. The problem was intermittent and would often go away after reinitializing the Aria instance. I've gotten it to work with 5 MIDI channels or less on an instance, but I don't consider Aria totally reliable for me in VEP. None of my other VI's had issue with VEP.
iMac 20,1 10-core, 3.6Ghz, OS10.15.7, 128GB RAM, DP 10.13, VEP7
daerp1

Post by daerp1 »

Thanks for the responses. I've had no help (yet) from the other two forums. For now, and I guess it's up to Garritan to update their plug-in (not sure if this is the case). In the meantime I will use Aria very sparingly if at all. I'd rather be writing music than troubleshooting software, anyway :roll:
Digital Performer 10, iMac using OSX 10.14.5