Program Changes for Line 6 Helix

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JLEpperson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Program Changes for Line 6 Helix

Post by JLEpperson »

I need help programming program changes for Line 6 Helix Guitar Processor. I tried the Line 6 PODxt and it works partially, but it doesnt let me select the entire bank of patches. I would like to also assign patch names. Any suggestions?
Thanks
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Program Changes for Line 6 Helix

Post by stubbsonic »

In the root Library folder (as opposed to the User Library folder) there is an Audio folder, and in that is a MIDI Devices folder. That's where MOTU keeps its various MIDI devices (.middev) and its program names (.midnam)

I'm a little out of my depth here, but as I recall, people have adapted those files as needed to get their patch names into DP. There's probably a more elegant way to do it, but I don't know.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Program Changes for Line 6 Helix

Post by James Steele »

stubbsonic wrote:In the root Library folder (as opposed to the User Library folder) there is an Audio folder, and in that is a MIDI Devices folder. That's where MOTU keeps its various MIDI devices (.middev) and its program names (.midnam)

I'm a little out of my depth here, but as I recall, people have adapted those files as needed to get their patch names into DP. There's probably a more elegant way to do it, but I don't know.
Also you can download Cherry Picker. I tracked down the developer of the older version that didn't work and he agreed to let me distribute his newer version here on this board with the caveat that he can't really offer support for it, and although it *works*, I guess internally it produces some sorts of errors only programmers would see. It has worked fine for me.

This should allow you to name patches. I've used it to create a patchlist for my Rocktron MIDI Raider. Here's the download link: http://www.motunation.com/files/CherryPicker3.zip
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!