Open Sequence in same CW

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
peter
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Open Sequence in same CW

Post by peter »

Sorry if this is in the big book also,
when I hit Shift + S it will open the Sequencer in a new Window below. Is there any possibilty to have it open in the same window without opening a second CW? Or a way to flip through the tabs without clicking?
Thanks

Does anybody know who this user google feedfetcher is?
FMiguelez

Re: Open Sequence in same CW

Post by FMiguelez »

peter wrote:Sorry if this is in the big book also,
when I hit Shift + S it will open the Sequencer in a new Window below. Is there any possibilty to have it open in the same window without opening a second CW? Or a way to flip through the tabs without clicking?
Thanks

Does anybody know who this user google feedfetcher is?
Do you mean that a 2nd window opens below the same CW, as in a second 'row'?

If so, I think you can change that in the preferences. IIRC, you would assign 0 rows in the appropiate setting. I'm not infront of DP now, but I think the preferences have a special section for CW behaviour. You'll find it :)

There are shortcuts to navigating the windows, but they'll behave according to whatever combination of settings you assign in the preferences.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
peter

Post by peter »

Spot on, thanks a lot!

So far I'm enyoing it...
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Peter you should have a look at Setup > Commands and then scroll down to the Windows section and then a little further down is the Consolidated Windows section. There are commands there that will surely help you out and of course you can customize them to your liking. Scrolling through the Commands window you'll see plenty of DP functions that aren't assigned to keyboard shortcuts that you can use.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

What is "CW"? "Chunk Window"?
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mhschmieder wrote:What is "CW"? "Chunk Window"?
Consolidated Window?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Aha! I never thought to abbreviate it that way, but then, I'm not much of a fan of abbreviations anyway as I deal with much of the planet most of the day and am always sensitive to how abbreviations are an extra challenge for non native English speakers.

OK, I'll give the original question some more thought later tonight, as I'm still at the office, and will try to remember forever on that "CW" stands for the overall Consolidated Window of DP. :-)
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH