MIDI Mode All Notes Off Not Working

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stublito
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MIDI Mode All Notes Off Not Working

Post by stublito »

I have tried sending Controller 123, 0 on Ch1 (not that the channel makes a difference) to a Korg M1 plug hosted in DP 8. It does not work. I checked the Mode Changes Box in the input filter.

I can send an Applescript Command - 1 to Ssem Events/DP and that works, so I'm wondering why the standard All Notes Off MIDI command does not seem to work.

I have read that the MIDI spec is ambiguous on All Notes Off, and that DP may be sending 127 x 16 note offs instead of the Controller 123,0 command to the M1 plug.

Any ideas?

Stublito
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MIDI Mode All Notes Off Not Working

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Monitor
http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

That's your Huckleberry.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

I use MIDI monitor all the time. Never knew I had a huckleberry though. Thanks Shooshie!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

labman wrote:I use MIDI monitor all the time. Never knew I had a huckleberry though. Thanks Shooshie!
You bet! And when it jumps the shark, it's your Huckleberry F...
Nah... even I can't say that one! :shake:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|