DrumCore 4 and DP 9?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
RROY
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DrumCore 4 and DP 9?

Post by RROY »

Anyone using DrumCore 4 with a current version of DP? Made the upgrade purchase from DC 3 over a week ago. Had trouble with the install,got help from Sonoma with that. Now when I try to load DC 4 it crashes DP, it also crashes Logic 9.1.8. Sent several emails to Sonoma about this and not heard anything back recently. So I am wondering if anyone has had success with this product. Thanks.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: DrumCore 4 and DP 9?

Post by James Steele »

I've been using it without any problem in latest DP and running Sierra. I'd make sure you have very latest version installed. I wish I could be of more help. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
towerproductions

Post by towerproductions »

I've also had some problems with crashes after updating to the recent version on several projects in Dp9.13 /Yosemite 10.5 with Drumcore 4 the only plugin enabled . I was in contact with support with crash logs but nothing was resolved so have been avoiding using it . I did open another project recently and it seemed to be behaving but it has been hit or miss with crashing .
DP11.1, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 96GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.
RROY

Post by RROY »

I have sent 4 or 5 emails to support at Sonoma since their last reply, almost a week ago, and still have gotten no further responses. This is the worst customer support I've ever experienced. At this point all I want is my money refunded.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
towerproductions

Post by towerproductions »

Yes I am a bit disappointed , I have found them more concerned with getting their store implemented into the app so you can can do in app purchases for more loops than working out any bugs out. It did take a while to get a response from tech support. I had much better luck with DC3 working properly for years but that was before Sonoma took over the company so they probably didn't have any of the same programmers and had to start over . I preordered DC4 early on and it took almost two years to get it out of Beta.
DP11.1, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 96GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.
RROY

Post by RROY »

I finally got a response from Sonoma, now they requested crash logs from DP and Logic 9 which I sent immediately. Lets see what happens next.