Orange colored MIDI background data?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
newageguitar
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Orange colored MIDI background data?

Post by newageguitar »

Excuse my ignorance but what is that Orange Colored data constantly displayed when I record MIDI tracks, It slows down my cursor and covers the notes I want to edit. How do I turn it off?

I'm sure it has a useful purpose but I don't need it for what I'm doing.

Any help greatly appreciated as always.
MacPro 8 Core 32 GB, MacPro Quad Core 2.66, 8 GB, 2xPCIe424, 2-96Khz 24io's 4-1224's MacBookPro Dual 2.66 i7 2-828 MK2. Allen & Heath GS-3000 32/8 console, eight tons of outboard gear etc. etc.
I appreciate your help.
HCMarkus

Re: Orange colored MIDI background data?

Post by HCMarkus »

Look into View Filter
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I have no idea what you're talking about. (I don't think I've seen that). If you don't have any luck with the View Filter, maybe grab a screen shot and give us a link to it.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
newageguitar

Post by newageguitar »

You guys nailed it,

It is indeed in the "Filter View" menu and is the "Automation and Controllers" checkbox which I had highlighted (not sure if that's a default). When highlighted it creates the Orange colored background data stream which bogs down my system and also does some bizarre stuff to my auto scroll and window size change buttons. Everything skips and jumps regardless of the power of my 8 Core, my windows will not expand or contract correctly as if the GUI is in slow motion.

I turned it off and all anomaly's gone, normal flawless function.

Link to the images of the MIDI file record anomaly, as always I really appreciate your help:)

https://we.tl/VpHDsdwGJS
MacPro 8 Core 32 GB, MacPro Quad Core 2.66, 8 GB, 2xPCIe424, 2-96Khz 24io's 4-1224's MacBookPro Dual 2.66 i7 2-828 MK2. Allen & Heath GS-3000 32/8 console, eight tons of outboard gear etc. etc.
I appreciate your help.