Loading in Stems for a Project/Remix etc.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Asensory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Loading in Stems for a Project/Remix etc.

Post by Asensory »

I was wondering if there was a better way to do this than how I did it ... I am going to remix a short track for a contest. There are 25 tracks / stems to load into DP. What I did was download them to my mac, Then create a DP project with 25 audio tracks. Then I went into the Soundbites window and imported all the stems into DP that way. When finished, the Soundbites window had all the stems, which I then had to drag and drop into the track window. I probably could have just dragged them in directly, rather than importing them into Soundbites directly.

Or, is there a better/smarter way to do this?
Gravity Jim

Re: Loading in Stems for a Project/Remix etc.

Post by Gravity Jim »

You can drag them directly into the TO window, and DP will create tracks for all of them.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Asensory

Post by Asensory »

So similar to dragging them from the Soundbites window ... just more direct. Drag each track from the folder to the tracks overview ...? I guess that does save me one step.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Drag each track or all tracks. It will work either way.

You can also drag a track to the chunks window and it will create a chunk from it. I haven't tested this one in a while. YMMV on that.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Asensory wrote:So similar to dragging them from the Soundbites window ... just more direct. Drag each track from the folder to the tracks overview ...? I guess that does save me one step.
Select them all in the Finder and drag all at once into the TO as Gravity Jim said. DP also names all the tracks for you (from the original file names) in one easy step.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce