Choose which Chunk opens when opening DP project - Possible?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
MartinBaird
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Choose which Chunk opens when opening DP project - Possible?

Post by MartinBaird »

I'm working on a project with five DP project files. Each of those project files has between 5-8 Chunks in it.

It would be very helpful if it was possible to double click on one of the DP project files while holding a key down on my Mac keyboard (the Option key for instance) and be presented with a dialog box listing all of the Chunks within that project file. And then being able to choose a particular Chunk to be loaded.

As it stands, the project opens as it was last saved. Maybe this is already possible, I just haven't been able to find out what the key combination to hold down is.

Thanks for any help with this.

Martin
Martin Baird
martin@vmw.us
DP 10, MachFive, Electric Keys, 828es, MTP A/V USB
Mac Pro 2 x 3.33 GHz Six-Core, Mac OS X 10.14.6
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Choose which Chunk opens when opening DP project - Possi

Post by Shooshie »

Man. That's a GREAT IDEA. Wish I'd thought of it. Lots of apps have special things that happen in the dock. Maybe that could be possible for the dock, but at least it should be possible in the little start-up window, whatever that thing is called, with all the recent files and other options. What a huge help that would be! I've got files with 30 or 40 chunks in them, lots of versions of the same chunks with dates, and so forth. It's a pain to have to open a bunch of them to find what I want. Of course, I do tend to dl a lot of creative labeling, but there isn't enough space to list even a few chunks.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|