Global free-floating MIDI editor window for all chunks?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wtcmusician
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Global free-floating MIDI editor window for all chunks?

Post by wtcmusician »

It seems like all of the windows I typically have up always switch over automatically (I could be wrong about it being automatic, I'm not in front of it right now) to the chunk I activate from the chunks window EXCEPT the MIDI editor, which does not seem to have the capacity to switch between chunks either automatically or manually. And I have to have a separate one for every chunk. So, as long as I have one perpetually open for each chunk I'm fine. But if someone could tell me if I'm completely wrong or if I'm right but that there is a preference setting dealing with this, I'd appreciate any feedback. Not complaining at all and have no problem if that is just the way it is designed, just don't want to remain ignorant if I am missing something with this. Thanks!