Quickly open multiple MIDI regions in MIDI editor?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
LGK_Dude
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Quickly open multiple MIDI regions in MIDI editor?

Post by LGK_Dude »

Is it possible to quickly open multiple MIDI regions in MIDI editor? I thought I could select multiple regions in tracks view (using shift select) and double click on the last selected track and it would open them all in the MIDI editor. Unfortunately its only opening the one I selected last.

I know I can manually re-select tracks I want to view using the track selector while in the MIDI editor, but this is actually more of a pain as I dont have any visual reference to the MIDI notes for the part like I do in tracks view, so I'm not sure what track the MIDI data is on (use a lot of tracks in my composition template).

So I'm wondering, is there a way to select multiple regions from multiple tracks in the tracks view and have them all open / visible in the MIDI editor?
DP 9.12, Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 24GB Ram, Mac OS 10.11.6, UA Apollo
LGK_Dude

Re: Quickly open multiple MIDI regions in MIDI editor?

Post by LGK_Dude »

Figured it out. apparently if you select but double click on a region to open it in the MIDI editor, it will only show the region you actually clicked on, where if you use the key command to open the MIDI editor it will open all the selected regions in the MIDI editor.

I dont understand why clicking wont open all selected regions, but it doesn't. Thankfully the key command works!
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

You can set that up in preferences under MIDI Editing to see all MIDI tracks when you open the MIDI editor window.
LGK_Dude

Post by LGK_Dude »

Are you referring to the "open one MIDI editor for each sequence with all MIDI editors" preference? If so that is on but I still must use the key command (not double click) in order to view all selected MIDI regions in a single MIDI editor.
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

ahhh ok i see.