3 markers questions

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

3 markers questions

Post by philbrown »

1. Does anyone know how to get rid of the vertical lines descending from each marker? They're yellow, at least with the theme I'm using (Carbon Fiber). It's probably dead simple but I've looked and looked through preferences, the marker window and in the manual. Never saw these in V8 so I assumed maybe they were a preference. Maybe I'm looking right past it.

2. Let's say I have 10 markers in a song including a start and end marker. Is there an easy way to select the entire area between the start and end markers to bounce the song? I have a tedious way of doing it, just looking for something simpler if there is one.

3. Making a subtle move of a marker placement in the sequence editor. Is there a way to do that?

TIA,
Phil
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
magicd

Re: 3 markers questions

Post by magicd »

Digital Performer menu>Preferences>Editing>Edit Windows>Edit Window Guides>Show marker grid lines

Setup menu>Commands>Move Selection to Next/Previous Marker (these commands are unassigned by default). Alternately you can click on the Marker resolution button in the upper right hand corner in the Sequence Editor window

Drag markers in the Conductor track in the Sequence Editor window.

Dave
philbrown

Re: 3 markers questions

Post by philbrown »

magicd wrote:Digital Performer menu>Preferences>Editing>Edit Windows>Edit Window Guides>Show marker grid lines

Setup menu>Commands>Move Selection to Next/Previous Marker (these commands are unassigned by default). Alternately you can click on the Marker resolution button in the upper right hand corner in the Sequence Editor window

Drag markers in the Conductor track in the Sequence Editor window.

Dave
That's a huge help, Dave, thanks! I'll set up those commands. On a related note, one of the most helpful custom commands I set up recently and use constantly are Go to previous (and next) marker. I've got Go to previous and next measure on the Numeric 4 and + keys and Go to next and previous markers on 5 and 6. Super useful.

MagicDave FTW.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce