Transferring my settings to a different studio

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
LGK_Dude
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Transferring my settings to a different studio

Post by LGK_Dude »

I (might) be hired to work at another composers studio and want to bring as much of my common workflow as possible with me. I've of course exported my key commands, but what do I do about window sets? Is it possible to export mine and add them to his (without replacing his?) Anything else I should consider?

Also, is there an easy way to view all used automation? I know I can manually select from the list, and the used ones are dark, but is there a key command to cycle used automation?
DP 9.12, Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 24GB Ram, Mac OS 10.11.6, UA Apollo
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Transferring my settings to a different studio

Post by Shooshie »

If you're working on a Mac, the best thing to do is to set up a different account for you. You can still use the same apps, but your prefs, files and such will end up in your own partition, and it won't mess up anything of his.

The only problem might occur when he wants something you did, and you aren't there. You'll have to leave your password for him, and vice versa.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|