Raise or lower volume of MIDI tracks with key command

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
LGK_Dude
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Raise or lower volume of MIDI tracks with key command

Post by LGK_Dude »

I LOVE the fact that you can adjust bite gain via key command (Control + shift+ up/down arrows changes bite volume by .5db). Is there a similar function for MIDI tracks, either velocity, MIDI CC data, or both?

Currently I'm calling up the Velocity control panel and manually scale to 90% or 1110%, and repeat as necessary. Can I somehow assign this function to a key command similar to the way bite gain works? Same thing with continuous controller data - it would be nice if I could assign my most used scales for CC7 and CC11 to key commands as well.

Hoping its possible or perhaps there is a function like the adjusting bite gain but for MIDI. Thanks!
DP 9.12, Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 24GB Ram, Mac OS 10.11.6, UA Apollo
Shooshie

Re: Raise or lower volume of MIDI tracks with key command

Post by Shooshie »

Nothing that I know of yet.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
fdco

Post by fdco »

Try Region > Change Continuous Data

You may want to assign a keyboard shortcut as IIRC there's none by default.
Mac Book Pro M1 32gb -2TB,
Apogee Symphony Thunderbridge,
DP11, MTPAV, Linnstrument, Chapman Stick
LGK_Dude

Post by LGK_Dude »

yeah fdco, this is what I currently do (assigned mine to H). Was hoping to find a quicker alternative similar to the bite volume key command with audio.

Not a big deal as it seems to remember you last settings, but since I use multiple MIDI CC's it would be nice to be able to save presets and recall them via key commands. This is a feature I used quite often in Cubase and was hoping it was also in DP.
DP 9.12, Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 24GB Ram, Mac OS 10.11.6, UA Apollo
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

You could use something like quick keys or KM to create a routine for this..but there isn't a key command.

MOTU did make commands for inserting mutes automation and loops..how much harder could it be to do volume/cc7? I'm not a programmer soooo maybe it is hard.
frankf

Post by frankf »

For Change Velocity I use a Keyboard Maestro (KM mentioned above) "pallet" or menu. 1 key to invoke the km menu, others to select values. It took me a while to find this gem of a feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB