"Recent" in the Welcome window, where do I find them?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Recent" in the Welcome window, where do I find them?

Post by Killahurts »

I like to use the Welcome window to get to stuff I've been working on. But recently, I've been hunting through a lot of old projects, and now it's all messed up. I might have three different versions, all named the same thing.. which is which?

I want to be able to manipulate, i.e. delete certain ones from the folder the Recents reside in. I've look all over the library(s), and I can't find that folder. I sure would like to clean this up. Thanks!!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Killahurts

Re: "Recent" in the Welcome window, where do I find them?

Post by Killahurts »

Well I guess we don't have access to these. I'm hoping the folks at MOTU will add some management functionality into that welcome screen at some point.. has a lot of potential.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
philbrown

Re: "Recent" in the Welcome window, where do I find them?

Post by philbrown »

Killahurts wrote:I like to use the Welcome window to get to stuff I've been working on. But recently, I've been hunting through a lot of old projects, and now it's all messed up. I might have three different versions, all named the same thing.. which is which?

I want to be able to manipulate, i.e. delete certain ones from the folder the Recents reside in. I've look all over the library(s), and I can't find that folder. I sure would like to clean this up. Thanks!!
I had a look and they're buried in a DP Preference file in an obviously proprietary format that looks like this (these are my recent files). Nothing I'd want to try to edit! :shock:
SSD38/WORKSHOPS/07-01-17 Seattle WS/07-01-17 Seattle WS.dpdoc
/Volumes/SSD3ˇˇAøgêcπÆ07-01-17 Seattle WS.dpdoc•Ñ||SSD3’a{H+É∑Reference 1.dpdocÉ∏’ÍŸPERFMOUPˇˇˇˇ Reference 1 DP Project’aœu’Ä?9É∑.SSD3:Reference 1 DP Project:Reference 1.dpdoc$Reference 1.dpdoc
SSD3)/Reference 1 DP Project/Reference 1.dpdoc
/Volumes/SSD3ˇˇAø
Zo}™Reference 1.dpdoc¢àÄÄSSD1’]◊ÇH+Tw
TEST.dpdocT≠’+s§PERFMOUPˇˇˇˇ TEST Project’^+‚’+»TwRªRg9;SSD1:Users:phillipbrown:Desktop:TEST Project:TEST.dpdoc
TEST.dpdoc
SSD12Users/phillipbrown/Desktop/TEST Project/TEST.dpdoc/ˇˇAø
WDW£D
TEST.dpdocÂ$|󡡡 ˇˇˇÔ!ˇˇˇ˛$ˇˇˇœFˇˇˇ˚KˇˇˇÓ}
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce