Can I get some responses to the Revoice Pro issue?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ronjams
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can I get some responses to the Revoice Pro issue?

Post by ronjams »

Re-post: I would like to know if anyone is using re-voice pro 3.3 successfully along with digital performer 9.13 Are there any users that are trying to get their vocal editing done really fast. Which is why I bought the program in the first place. I use Melodyne and DP as well. I'm disappointed with Revoice because of the pops clicks I'm getting after processing. In case you think it's a sampling rate issue, it's not. This quote is directly from the manual: each re-voice pro sessions sampling rate and resolution bit length are set and fixed automatically to the settings of the first audio signal imported into the session. After that Revoice Pro will offer to resample any non-matching audio file that is important to match that sessions sampling rate and resolution. I want to know who has this working properly.
Mac Studio M1 Max DIGITAL PERFORMER1248/8pre ESFalcon/kontakt/Unify & A LOT MORE GEAR
mikehalloran

Re: Can I get some responses to the Revoice Pro issue?

Post by mikehalloran »

The web site does claim to support DP 8 & 9 (Mac only). Have you asked them for advice?

http://www.synchroarts.com/compatibilit ... +Performer

I have never heard of Revoice Pro before and have no experience. Let's hope that someone who uses it might have some insight—if there's anyone here who does. Have you asked on the MOTU Digital Performer and SynchroArts Facebook pages?

I do keep Logic Pro X for certain tasks including plugs that don't play well (or at all) with DP. AutoTune, for instance, cannot be automated in DP for the Mac (and can't work at all w. DP for Win). Ok, I almost never use AT but when I do, the $199 I spent for Logic in 2013 pays for itself yet again.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

mikehalloran wrote:The web site does claim to support DP 8 & 9 (Mac only). Have you asked them for advice?

http://www.synchroarts.com/compatibilit ... +Performer

I have never heard of Revoice Pro before and have no experience. Let's hope that someone who uses it might have some insight—if there's anyone here who does. Have you asked on the MOTU Digital Performer and SynchroArts Facebook pages?

I do keep Logic Pro X for certain tasks including plugs that don't play well (or at all) with DP. AutoTune, for instance, cannot be automated in DP for the Mac (and can't work at all w. DP for Win). Ok, I almost never use AT but when I do, the $199 I spent for Logic in 2013 pays for itself yet again.
To answer your question I've checked around on facebook but not the synchroarts page. No significant reponses yet.
Mac Studio M1 Max DIGITAL PERFORMER1248/8pre ESFalcon/kontakt/Unify & A LOT MORE GEAR
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Sorry for your troubles. You don't mention Synchro's tech support. I had to google Revoice as I'd never heard of it. At that price I'd be pretty upset if they didn't stand behind it with good tech support especially if they list DP9 in the specs as being supported. Good luck and hopefully someone can jump in and help.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

philbrown wrote:Sorry for your troubles. You don't mention Synchro's tech support. I had to google Revoice as I'd never heard of it. At that price I'd be pretty upset if they didn't stand behind it with good tech support especially if they list DP9 in the specs as being supported. Good luck and hopefully someone can jump in and help.
They have responded to me but they've not come up with a solution yet to my issue.
Alfred Zigoma

Post by Alfred Zigoma »

I often use Revoice Pro and DP9
I do not have any problems
MacPro Quad-Core 2.8 GHZ 16GB RAM OSX 10.10, MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.11, Mac Mini MD388 OSX 10.10
DP 8, SSL MADI AlphaLink MX, UA Apollo, SSL Sigma, PMC Tb2, ATC SCM 20, SSL Alpha VHD Pre, Kemper, Powercore x8, UAD Octo, MC Mix(х2), MC Control, Melodyne, Revoice Pro, RX4, Soundtoys, McDSP, Waves, all Slate, VSL VE Pro, SE, Suite, NI Kontakt 5, Halion 5, MachFive 3, BPM, etc...
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

Alfred Zigoma wrote:I often use Revoice Pro and DP9
I do not have any problems
Your system seems to be similar to mine except I am using El Capitan. Today I am going to do a complete re-install of El Capitan but I am still experiencing pops and clicks after the audio has been processed by Revoice pro 3.3. Are you using the latest update? The pops and clicks are occurring even within the program itself before I transfer it into Digital performer 9.13
ronjams

Post by ronjams »

OK after re-installing El Capitan and working with DP and Revoice Pro 3.3 following the video instructions I was able to process audio and bring it back into DP with no pops or clicks. This is the reason why on the tracks in question I had set up a headphone cue for those individual tracks and did not turn them off after I was done tracking which caused the tracks to pop or click after processing in Revoice as well as Digital Performer 9.13 I had the same problem in Melodyne 4.1. This issue is now solved for me.
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

May want to amend the title of the original post to say "Solved".

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com