Dumb Question ... maybe

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Asensory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dumb Question ... maybe

Post by Asensory »

SO, as we all know, an update is available for DP. My question is how do I install it? Its not made too clear on MOTU's site, and I don't want to screw up my current installation while trying to figure out how to do the update. All I see are regular download links, but nothing that says "click here to update DP."

Sorry, its a basic task, but if I screw up my install, god knows how many days of downtime I face fixing everything.
mikehalloran

Re: Dumb Question ... maybe

Post by mikehalloran »

The current version does not update DP. It installs a new build.

If your current installation is simply called Digital Performer, it will overwrite your installed copy--update it if you will. If you do not want that to happen, rename your current install—most of us add the version number to the name.

Doing so will cause the new build to install without overwriting. Either can open and save your file without conflicts with the other build as long as you have only one open.

This assumes that both are DP 9, of course.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Asensory

Re: Dumb Question ... maybe

Post by Asensory »

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. In fact, that's what I did eons ago for another upgrade as well.