New DP 9.13 fade feature

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
hammerman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New DP 9.13 fade feature

Post by hammerman »

I noticed something cool in the latest 9.13 build of DP. If you create a long fade and then later highlight a region of the fade past the end of the fade and audio, and delete that portion of audio, it will create a new fade from the original start point. It used to be that deleting a region of faded audio would obliterate the fade, now it creates a shorter fade from the same starting point. Very cool MOTU!
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
daniel.sneed

Re: New DP 9.13 fade feature

Post by daniel.sneed »

A nice alternative to sliding the whole fade thru editing soundbite end.
Thanks Motu!
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
mhschmieder

Re: New DP 9.13 fade feature

Post by mhschmieder »

Yeah, I noticed this during some fades a few weeks ago, and wondered how it had escaped me all these years, so it's good to know that it's new behaviour and not that I had simply been using it wrong before. :-)

This is a huge time-saver for me -- especially when cleaning up high-noise tracks like guitar, where the mics are never completely silent.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH