How to select next MIDI note in MIDI editor

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dogeatdogg
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to select next MIDI note in MIDI editor

Post by dogeatdogg »

More questions that seem to have no answers in the Manual.
I simply wanna advance to the next/previous MIDI note/notes. The TAB button does not work for that. opt-Tab and shift-option-Tab works great but only going from right to left!
I can't seem to figure out how to do the same thing going from left to right...Ugh
Mac Pro 10.11.5 48GB Ram, Cubase 9, DP 9, Lynx Aurora

www.dieterhartmann.com
dogeatdogg

Re: How to select next MIDI note in MIDI editor

Post by dogeatdogg »

The problem it seems is that when using the Command shift-Tab and control-Tab, which should select the next note in the editor actually changes the value for the grid resolution (in the little window next to 'snap to grid' button on the top right of the editor). This must be a bug since I don't have conflicting key commands set up.
Mac Pro 10.11.5 48GB Ram, Cubase 9, DP 9, Lynx Aurora

www.dieterhartmann.com
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Option-Tab seems to move my note selection to the previous note. But I couldn't figure out how to get to move to the right. It's possible there is another command that will move the selection in the other direction, but it might be "owned" by the Mac OS.

Another way to cue up the next note in the list is to open the event list editor (shift-e), double-click a particular field to edit, then use the numeric ENTER key which advances that field to the next note in the list.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
marquito

Post by marquito »

I had the same question a few weeks ago and got a really helpful reply which solved the mystery for me - here's a link to the thread...

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=63328

Hope this helps