MIDI CC to control Audio Track play enable?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JZilla
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI CC to control Audio Track play enable?

Post by JZilla »

Hey folks, is there a way to have a MIDI CC switch on and off specific tracks? For example, having one controller that'd toggle off and on a dialogue track, another that'd do the temp score track, and having them mapped to buttons in Metagrid. Seems like there's probably a way to do it, I just haven't figured it out. Any ideas?

Thanks.
2019 MacPro, 10.15.5, 16 core 3.2 GHz, 384 GB RAM
DP 10.11
Kontakt 6.2.2, Spectrasonics, u-he, Arturia, NI Komplete 11, VE Pro
UAD, Waves, Soundtoys, Slate, FabFilter
cuttime

Re: MIDI CC to control Audio Track play enable?

Post by cuttime »

My controller sends a Note On/Note Off starting at E-1 127 to Mute/Unmute a track.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
JZilla

Post by JZilla »

I can send whatever MIDI information I need to easily enough from Metagrid, but I can't figure out how to set up the DP tracks to receive. Do you have to do anything to enable the tracks?

And to add another wrinkle, I'm hoping that I can figure out a way to have it so the tracks don't need to be record enabled to allow for the muting/unmuting. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it'd be pretty sweet if it was.
2019 MacPro, 10.15.5, 16 core 3.2 GHz, 384 GB RAM
DP 10.11
Kontakt 6.2.2, Spectrasonics, u-he, Arturia, NI Komplete 11, VE Pro
UAD, Waves, Soundtoys, Slate, FabFilter
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I'm using the Mackie Control Surface Driver. That note information toggles the mute button.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31