Merge Soundbites Problem

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
lito
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Merge Soundbites Problem

Post by lito »

Hello Forum,

when I'm splitting from a track some soundbites, maybe to change the volume, and do "Merge Soundbites" I can see the changes of the volumes on the new track, it's o.k. But when I'm setting fades between the Soundbites and I use "Merge Soundbites" so the volume is the same as before on the track !
Were could I find in the preferences to change it ?

Greets, lito
Only a Tele is good enough !!!
stubbsonic

Re: Merge Soundbites Problem

Post by stubbsonic »

I wonder if this is a bug.

Merge Soundbites is supposed to include bite volumes and crossfades. But it sounds like crossfades is causing DP to lose track of the bite volume.

Please contact MOTU and get a tech support ticket started on this one.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

This is a bug in 9.13 that MOTU can confirm. They advised me to go back to 9.12.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
lito

Post by lito »

@dinobass: thanks a lot for this information ! o.k. I'l go back to 9.12 until this bug is resolved. :(
Only a Tele is good enough !!!