from 4/4 to 3/4

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bleach30
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

from 4/4 to 3/4

Post by bleach30 »

Hey guys here is my question..

I have a sequence in 4/4 and need to create the exact same sequence in 3/4. Whats the best way to go about that without having to re-program it and keep as close to the feel of the original as possible?

I know if I goto the Change Meter command I can change the time to 3/4 and theres also a checkbox for move music automatically (or something like that). I was just curious if anyone had a
different or better approach.

Not sure if this matters but in this particular case I am making loops.

Thank you as always!
stubbsonic

Re: from 4/4 to 3/4

Post by stubbsonic »

You should be able to just change the meter to 3/4 without doing anything special to the tracks or settings.

If that doesn't work, you can try locking the track with the lock buttons on each track. But i don't think it is necessary.

There are some changes that you can make that will cause DP to change the way the track plays, and often you can use the "scale time" command to correct it. You can either figure out what is needed (200% 150% 50%, etc.) or use trial & error.

You can always UNDO or just not save if something goes wonky.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bleach30

Re: from 4/4 to 3/4

Post by bleach30 »

Hmm alright Ill try just changing the meter and leaving that checkbox un-checked. I totally forgot about scale time so i will give that a shot too. Thanks for the suggestions!