Need help with 2 display related settings please(RESOLVED)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Kellog
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Need help with 2 display related settings please(RESOLVED)

Post by Kellog »

Hey can anyone help me figure out these 2 display related anomalies?
1- In tracks overview window the bar indicators at the top (under where dragged in markers are, seems off and different from before I upgraded to 9.13. There is a 0 bar, instead of starting at 1. And the bars don't follow the counter i.e. Tracks Overview thinks we are in 2/4 instead of 4/4. Where do I fix this and get rid of the 0:0?

Looks like I can't add screenshot right now.

2-In sequence editor window I can't find the area I used to use to set the beats resolution (quarters, eighths, 16ths etc) for subdivisions in the bars and dragging MIDI notes etc. It appears to be gone and I don't use most of what is displayed (S-open select information, or G-open snap information).

Any help appreciated if you get the gist of my questions. Sorry about the No Pic right now. I don't have time to mess with Photobucket.
Last edited by Kellog on Tue May 09, 2017 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac mini (2018) 3.2 Ghz 6 Core Intel Core i7 w/64 GB ram, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, DP 10.13, UAD Apollo Quad, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, EZ Mix 2, Stylus RMX 1.7f, Avid Eleven Rack.
bayswater

Re: Need help with 2 display related settings please

Post by bayswater »

There should be an Info bar at the top of the sequence window with a "G" at the left end. It is configurable by opening a Snap Information window in one of the sidebars of the consolidated window. The mini menu in this window gives access to Info Bar preferences where you set which info bars appear in the various edit windows.

Don't know what's going on with the Tracks window, but for a start, it looks like you might have a sequence that starts before bar 1.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Kellog

Re: Need help with 2 display related settings please

Post by Kellog »

Thanks bayswater for your reply.
I called MOTU tech and it turned out I needed to right click the bar numbers in my tracks overview window and set that dropdown preference to 'measures'. Somehow it had gotten changed to 'real time'. (prob me in a hurry, and not knowing a right click there would do anything)
After doing that the display of snap to grid in the sequence window switched back to what I wanted as well Beat subdivisions instead of seconds). So yay tech. And thanks again bayswater for your help.
Mac mini (2018) 3.2 Ghz 6 Core Intel Core i7 w/64 GB ram, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, DP 10.13, UAD Apollo Quad, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, EZ Mix 2, Stylus RMX 1.7f, Avid Eleven Rack.