Graphic processing power for Tracks Overview window

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Graphic processing power for Tracks Overview window

Post by Michael Canavan »

Tripi wrote: I'd seriously pay $1000 tomorrow for a version of DP that had a smoother interface like Ableton Live. I just feel like DP gets clunkier to use every time I open it. Things like user interface and having a smooth work flow are worth a hundred times more than having 30 virtual guitar pedals in a DAW. Just my 2 cents.
I use and own both, love Live, but try 250 loaded MIDI tracks in Live. Everyone for years has complained about this very problem, and considering Live dies at about 60% of the CPU that DP can handle I see no resolution to that one. larger Cinesamples patches can't even be played on my Mac Pro here in Live...
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
congalos
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Graphic processing power for Tracks Overview window

Post by congalos »

Tripi, It is the congalos you think it is! Hello friend. Thanks for looking into it bro. This scroll thing has been a nightmare. I am indeed on Sierra so... there you have it. Happy to know they are working on it!