Anybody still using QuicKeys for DP9?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bongo_x
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Anybody still using QuicKeys for DP9?

Post by bongo_x »

[quote]He can get a little defensive if you trash the app, but if you can get past that, he is a wealth of knowledge and is really there to help.[/quote]

Ask me how I know.
Last edited by bongo_x on Fri May 12, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

How do you know? Should we compare scars? LOL
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
lydian91

Post by lydian91 »

FREIMUZIC wrote:One more question: would you mind sharing what kind of actions have you succesfully programmed in KM to use in DP?
I have macros that select various reshape modes and actions. I'm constantly switching between these and found all of the clicking to be frustrating, as DP does not have shortcuts for this. Very handy to switch modes via key commands now.

When working with MIDI tracks, I have another macro that will create a similar track, select that track, then assign it to the next MIDI channel. I often add instruments in VE Pro as I work, and it's useful to quickly add a MIDI track that has the correct color and is assigned to the next available slot. I could set up lots of consecutively assign MIDI tracks ahead of time, but working this way allows me to keep my track counts low.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra (192GB RAM) | macOS 13.5.2 | MOTU M4 | DP 11.3