Create Tracks Presets?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Create Tracks Presets?

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Is there a way to set up certain presets in "Create Tracks"?

It seems to start fresh every time, rather than letting you save some settings.

I could do it in clippings sort of I guess, but adding tracks from clippings always puts them at the bottom of the tracks window, while doing it from "Create Tracks" puts them below the currently highlighted track.

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Create Tracks Presets?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If it's simply a matter of placement, the solution is to first select the track you want to have the new track appear under. A new track(s) will be inserted below the selected track.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Hey thanks!

No, I meant creating certain tracking setups over and over with "create tracks" instead of clippings?

With "create tracks" it creates them right below the selected track.

You can set it up in clippings and drag it into the tracks window, but in clippings, it always goes to the bottom of the tracks window no matter what track is selected.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
MIDI Life Crisis

OK, I see now what you mean. Sorry, I don't have a solution for that.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Hey thank you anyway!
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

If you just mean duplicating the track layout, you can right-click on a track and select "Add similar tracks". It copies all the track settings minus the track's content. I use that quite often. I have some templates that load with typical track setups that I often re-use for different arrangements and apply that technique.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

terrybritton wrote:If you just mean duplicating the track layout, you can right-click on a track and select "Add similar tracks". It copies all the track settings minus the track's content. I use that quite often. I have some templates that load with typical track setups that I often re-use for different arrangements and apply that technique.

Terry
WHOA!

That one is a keeper.

I still have a one-button Apple mouse (I haven't mastered the modern mouse), so I option click, but I never think of doing that for some reason when I'm in DP.

It has an option to move selected tracks to top, which will be great.

Thanks for that!
MIDI Life Crisis

I just assumed he already tried all the control click settings, etc.

Oh, btw...

:rtfmmad:

:shake:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
RodneySauer

Post by RodneySauer »

JSmith1234567 wrote:
terrybritton wrote:If you just mean duplicating the track layout, you can right-click on a track and select "Add similar tracks". It copies all the track settings minus the track's content. I use that quite often. I have some templates that load with typical track setups that I often re-use for different arrangements and apply that technique.

Terry
WHOA!

That one is a keeper.

I still have a one-button Apple mouse (I haven't mastered the modern mouse), so I option click, but I never think of doing that for some reason when I'm in DP.
It's also a menu command, if you aren't used to the pop-up menu process.
Rodney Sauer
Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com