DROBO and DP question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bleach30
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DROBO and DP question

Post by bleach30 »

I was wondering if any of you fine folks are using DROBO and DP?

I am and I'm having issues with bounce to disk and I am starting to think it is somehow related to DROBO..I know it sounds crazy but the reason I think this is when working on a project that is on DROBO I can only bounce a file once..maybe twice but after that DP will crash. IF I move the project off of DROBO onto the desktop I get the same issue..

However, if I disconnect DROBO and restart the mac and work from the desktop or any other connected drive (except DROBO) bounce to disk works like it should..at least 97% of the time.

I was having this problem with 9.12 so I went back to 9.02. I haven't tried the latest update yet.

Thoughts?
SixStringGeek

Re: DROBO and DP question

Post by SixStringGeek »

I looked into the drobo's for awhile and concluded I couldn't trust their integrity based on experience reports and reviews I was able to find online. Proprietary storage systems always let me down in the end. Even Apple software RAID is not to be trusted.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
bleach30

Re: DROBO and DP question

Post by bleach30 »

The was my feeling as well but unfortunately I could only argue my point. The final say wasn't up to me.