DP 9.13 available

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mwand
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP{ 9.13 available

Post by mwand »

I just want to know if they've fixed the dropout/pop/click issue when using multiple hardware drivers. Still on 9.02 until that gets resolved...
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mwand wrote:I just want to know if they've fixed the dropout/pop/click issue when using multiple hardware drivers. Still on 9.02 until that gets resolved...
Try it and see. Rename your Digital Performer app to something like "Digital Performer 9.02" and run the DP 9.13 installer. Multiple DP versions can reside on the same Mac so long as you take care to rename the previous version app prior to running the new installer. Might be the fastest way to get the answer to your particular question, because sometimes the best way to find out if an issue is fixed on YOUR system is to try it on YOUR system.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
RROY

Post by RROY »

Installed DP 9.13. It will not launch, crashes before fully booting. Tried a restart, same result.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

RROY

9.13 works fine here. It didn't rescan plugins or do anything different on startup compared to 9.12. You might not have a clean download.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

No problem opening DP 9.13 here.

Delay compensation is still not working right, though. If I have cpu intensive plugs on the master bus (especially some UAD) and then render a VI to audio, the recorded audio is offset. This was the case also in 9.12, if not an earlier version of 9. Never had a problem with it in DP 7 or 8.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

So...the improved pitch and time stretching algorighthm
is definitely NOT in 9.13?
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

David Polich wrote:So...the improved pitch and time stretching algorighthm
Yes. Not in there. According to the demo that MOTU gave at the booth there will be a little drop down menu that you choose the time of algorithm and it is not there. Plus I have a source a MOTU that confirmed it will be in the next version.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

James Steele wrote:
David Polich wrote:So...the improved pitch and time stretching algorighthm
Yes. Not in there. According to the demo that MOTU gave at the booth there will be a little drop down menu that you choose the time of algorithm and it is not there. Plus I have a source a MOTU that confirmed it will be in the next version.
AAAaaaargh! You probably also know the release date! At least its ETA... :)

Your secret, your burden not to tell :lol:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Actually I'm not privy to that sort of information. You know how tight lipped MOTU is. Knowing it will be in the next version was obviously deemed acceptable for outsiders to know. I was probably not told anything users aren't told by tech support people from time to time. Release dates on the other hand are things that I have no knowledge about. Heck, the companies themselves often don't really know.

waxman

Post by waxman »

dinobass wrote:No problem opening DP 9.13 here.

Delay compensation is still not working right, though. If I have cpu intensive plugs on the master bus (especially some UAD) and then render a VI to audio, the recorded audio is offset. This was the case also in 9.12, if not an earlier version of 9. Never had a problem with it in DP 7 or 8.
The release notes say UAD are not working correctly... "or example, plug-ins that delegate their processing to hardware or other processes, such as UAD plug-ins or Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP), can not run in pre-generation mode, and so will not benefit from its increased performance. In practice this is not much of a loss, since the processing work is already being offloaded from the real time signal path."
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Actually, the release notes indicate that plug-ins that rely on external hardware, such as UAD, don't
work in pre-gen mode...because they can't take advantage of it, obviously. The release notes do not say that plugins like UAD don't work at all. They do work - in real-time.

Just installed 9.13 on my aging 2009 MacBook running Yosemite. No issues so far.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
towerproductions

Re: DP 9.13 available

Post by towerproductions »

I haven't fully tested it yet but it seemed to be working fine all afternoon on a project.
DP11.1, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 96GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.
fdco

Post by fdco »

Hum… I cannot right click anymore in DP 9.13.

Restarted the computer to no avail.

Edit:

Actually, it's a problem with BetterTouchTool
Mac Book Pro M1 32gb -2TB,
Apogee Symphony Thunderbridge,
DP11, MTPAV, Linnstrument, Chapman Stick
mongoose

Post by mongoose »

• Allow more than 32,000 MIDI tracks in a project.
That's...wow, not even in my most incredibly cape-wearing, smoke-lasering prog rock keyboardist dreams could I imagine using that many tracks. I expect even Wakeman would think this is overkill.

Which is to say, I like it. Who cares if I have a use for it.
Spankin' 2020 10-core iMac, 40GB, Catalina, DP 10, Ivory, B-5, M-Tron,
UAD-2, Wissner Artist Upright Grand, Tokai MAT Strat, P-Bass, and a bunch of other noisemakers.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

There was a guy around here many years ago doing a special research project that he wanted to record for something like 17 days straight (pre Zoom and SSDs). I seem to recall he wanted to do some kind of a loop recording thing as a solution but ran out of tracks. I wonder if they implemented that for him... LOL

Seriously, for those who use mega templates, this will at least give them the track "headroom" to keep the project manageable.

I'd still love to see CHUNK FOLDERS!!!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS