MIDI input mute?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
benanders0n
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI input mute?

Post by benanders0n »

Hey all,
So I'm running a livid instruments custom MIDI controller through DP to control effect parameters on a Fractal Axe-FX in real time for live purposes. What I want to do is at a certain point, have the MIDI being sent to be muted so the controller will stop controlling the Axe FX, while having another plugin come out of bypass and be controlled by the same MIDI controller. However, when I insert a MIDI mute on the MIDI track that is in input mode, it continues to control the Axe FX. Is there a way to get it to stop sending or take it out of input via MIDI command in real time?
HCMarkus

Re: MIDI input mute?

Post by HCMarkus »

Can you set up two adjacent tracks with the two different FX plugins, then switch which is record-enabled (thus passing MIDI to FX) using up/down arrow keys on computer keyboard or an assigned MIDI controller?
benanders0n

Post by benanders0n »

HCMarkus wrote:Can you set up two adjacent tracks with the two different FX plugins, then switch which is record-enabled (thus passing MIDI to FX) using up/down arrow keys on computer keyboard or an assigned MIDI controller?
That may work! That's essentially what I was looking to do and just have a separate track with a different output assigned to turn on/off. Thanks!
benanders0n

Post by benanders0n »

So unfortunately it appears that for what I need the system to do, that method will not work. In order to use the Track Record Enable command it pulls up a dialog box, whereas I need something that can essentially switch on autopilot.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Just use the UP/DOWN arrows to move which track is record enabled. No dialog necessary.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
benanders0n

Post by benanders0n »

stubbsonic wrote:Just use the UP/DOWN arrows to move which track is record enabled. No dialog necessary.
The system needs to be able to run on autopilot essentially, so what I'm hoping to find is a way to automate via programmed MIDI or other methods the switch to happen. There will be no person manning the computer to select tracks.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Ah.

Would it work, (as a workaround) to send some command to your Livid to change its transmit channel?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Change your controlller MIDI OUTPUT channel and input to different DP tracks using Multi Record... yes?