What does "Load...Effect Settings" do?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

What does "Load...Effect Settings" do?

Post by mesayre »

Hey folks,
Curious about this selection in the "Load..." menu. I've tried it a few times and it doesn't seem to do anything, but maybe I am just using it wrong. Anyone ever use "Load...Effect Settings"?

Mike
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: What does "Load...Effect Settings" do?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You can save you changes to effects (and name them) so that you can call them up later. You can also save entire plug-in sets in the living bard and load a particular group of presets in the same manner. in general, the LOAD command is different. That allows youth import a individual sequence from another project.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mesayre

Post by mesayre »

Thanks for the response - I'm aware of the general usage of the "Load" command, but one of the options on the dialog (along with consoles, soundbites, etc) is "effect settings". But the manual gives no details and as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything at all.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

It probably applies to the MIXER. Save a mixer set (as described above) and see if you get the option of loading that.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mesayre

Post by mesayre »

A good idea, but I tried it and mixes appear to be included in the load operation with or without using the "Effect Settings" option.