Going straight from working a track in the mixer window to

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
zandurian
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Going straight from working a track in the mixer window to

Post by zandurian »

I find myself working on a track in the mixer window and then needing to jump directly to that same track in the tracks window (and vice versa) and it seems like I figured out how to do that once but forgot. Suggestions?
----------------------------------
Mac Pro (early 2009 - originally 4,1 - flashed to 5,1) 2 x 3.42 GHz 6-Core Xeon X5690, 64 gigs PC3-10600 RAM, OS 10.13.3, DP9.52, UAD2 duo, UAD2 solo,
Superior drummer 2, Mach 5-3, Ivory, PCIe 424, BL modded 24i/o, MIDI express XT, unisyn, Melodyne 2, Izotope RX2, Addictive Drums, Pianoteq
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Going straight from working a track in the mixer window

Post by mesayre »

I use the Channel Strip window for this. If you only need access to that one track at a time, it's just the ticket. (Studio->Channel Strip in DP8, though I'm not sure if it moved to a different menu in DP 9)

I'm not sure if there's another way to open it up in full mixer, though.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB
zandurian

Post by zandurian »

mesayre wrote:I use the Channel Strip window for this. If you only need access to that one track at a time, it's just the ticket. (Studio->Channel Strip in DP8, though I'm not sure if it moved to a different menu in DP 9)

I'm not sure if there's another way to open it up in full mixer, though.
Thanks for this info. :idea:
----------------------------------
Mac Pro (early 2009 - originally 4,1 - flashed to 5,1) 2 x 3.42 GHz 6-Core Xeon X5690, 64 gigs PC3-10600 RAM, OS 10.13.3, DP9.52, UAD2 duo, UAD2 solo,
Superior drummer 2, Mach 5-3, Ivory, PCIe 424, BL modded 24i/o, MIDI express XT, unisyn, Melodyne 2, Izotope RX2, Addictive Drums, Pianoteq
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

That's great. Forgot about that.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!